Bio-regulatory Medicine (BRM) is overall, an evolution of scientific exploration and the art of prescribing to aid the body’s natural healing abilities. It takes into consideration techniques that can induce a self-regulatory reaction in our innate healing mechanisms and attempts to influence the body directly and indirectly, using saline and medicinal stimulants, so that the body’s own regulatory process can restore the disruptive functions back to normal. It has very minimal side effects, but is powerful and gentle at the same time encouraging healing by peeling off the layers, mentally, emotionally and physically. This ‘unwrapping’, can be directed by the practitioner and client and can be short, medium or long term and is what i specifically love about this treatment.
Bioregulatory Medicine is considered to be a bridge between the natural healing mechanisms of the body and the medicines and techniques that all health care professionals seek to optimise. It focus on the systemic effects of imbalance within the person. Whether it is an imbalance of mental, physical, emotional or spiritual matter.
Within this model, dis-functions or diseases of the body/mind are considered to be ultimately caused by toxins, whether toxic chemicals, bacterial exotoxins, biological endotoxins, post-traumatic cellular debris and also byproducts of the bodies metabolic processes. Furthermore, disease symptoms are said to be the result of the body’s attempt to heal itself and should not necessarily be suppressed.
Homeopathically manufactured single or combination products are designed to work with the body’s defence mechanisms and facilitate the body’s elimination of toxic substances. When used in combination formulations which contain measurable amounts of homoeopathically-prepared active ingredients, they can be utilised by the practitioner to treat specific indications.
The focus of treatment is on tissue type and integrity, as well as congestion and inflammation around that site or in the body generally. For example, nerve damage or sciatic pain has wonderful results using Colocynthis Homaccord, furthermore it provides health care solutions which may be used alone or with Bio-puncture, body therapies, counselling and homoeopathy. Other natural medicine strategies, such as nutritional, herbal medicines and flower remedies can also help manage the client’s health furthermore it can complement orthodox treatment without drug interactions.
Bio-regulatory medicine (aka Homotoxicology) studies the influences of toxic substances in humans, where symptoms and disease are seen as a result of the appropriate biological resistance to these toxic substances (homotoxins). Therefore disease is recognised as a healing process within humans (and animals) and anti-homotoxic preparations are therefore designed to deal with the distinct stages of an illness.
Evidence based theory Bio-regulatory medicine is a sophisticated modern form of homoeopathy and is the most prescribed form of natural medicine in Germany, where it has been used for over 50 years and is practiced by conventional doctors and natural therapists alike. In fact, 80% of orthodox doctors in Germany prescribe homoeopathic or anti-homotoxic preparations for their patients. The efficacy and safety of this medicine is supported by close to 100 clinical trials and provides health professionals with medicines that complement orthodox treatments and provide the patient with better health outcomes than they can achieve through orthodox medicines alone. The guiding diagnostic and prescriptive tool used in BRM is known as the Six Phases.
The Six Phases
According to the theory, there are six stages or phases to the ability of the body to cope with toxins. These are represented in the Six-Phase Table:
- Excretion: In this phase, the body is able to cope adequately with the toxins through excretion. Examples of this phase are runny nose and diarrhoea.
- Inflammation: A fever is the best example of the inflammation phase. A fever is the natural attempt of the body to neutralise toxins that it cannot adequately removed by excretion.
- Deposition: The body stores the toxins if they still cannot be removed. Usually asymptomatic, when the proper treatment is administered, however, one of the first signs that it is working is symptoms of disease. This is said to be because these toxins are being eliminated out of the body.
- Impregnation: After a period of time, the toxins build up and the body becomes “impregnated” by this. They become part of the connective tissue itself and may cause tissue damage. During this stage, severe symptoms can occur.
- Degeneration: During this phase, organ degeneration occurs as the built up toxins start destroying large cellular groups within the organs.
- Differentiation: At this stage, toxic cellular groups start to “differentiate” or distinguish themselves as distinct cell forms. At the extreme end of this phase, Malignancies such as tumours start to form.
One thought on “Peeling off the Layers – Bio-Regulatory Medicine”