Dietary nutrition is vital to naturopathic principles and underpins all healing, homeostasis and re-juvination. Generally the idea is to reach a balance of pH in systemic tissue (ie around 6.8-7.2), so efficient enzyme function and optimal cellular energy can be carried out.
Digestive health is also essential in the nutritional process involving optimal gut microflora, mucosal barrier and enzymatic function.
Each individual case is analysed and recommendations are made as to optimal nutritional status. This is to assist with health requirements such as: vitality, endurance, rejuvenation and to avoid ‘burn out’. Also for injuries and illness- a preventative & holistic approach to optimal health.
Bioregulation of the body for optimum health.
- pH acid-Base Regulation (blood -tightly regulated between 7.35 7.4 5– urine 6.8 -7.2)
- Electrolyte balance –Na/K levels
- Anabolism/catabolism (building up and breaking down of nutrients)
- Correct absorption of vitamins/minerals
- Balanced meals with maximum nutrients
- Carbs 45%
- Protein 30%
- Fats 25%
- Minimal toxins
- caffeine, alcohol, junk food eg sugar/ softdrinks, trans fats, processed foods
- drugs –legal/illegal
- exercise, respiration, clean & strong arteries,
- BP control
- Management of stress
- hobbies, relaxation, recreation and
- meditation & prayer
- social, financial and emotional health.
Besides clean air, sunshine, clean water and healthy food, the physical body has particular requirements that are necessary for major organs and glands to function in a cohesive and energetic way. A breakdown of the main chemical needs of the body organs, tissue and glands plus food sources are as follows:
Thyroid Iodine, Se (kelp –sea veg, brazil nuts)
Bowel Magnesium (nuts, seeds. Whole grains, green veg)
Brain Phosphorus & Mn (bran,beans, nuts, dairy, broccoli)
Heart Potassium (avo, juices, herbs, fish, nuts, seeds, dried fruit)
Kidneys Chloride (fruit/veg juices)
Skin/circulation Sulphur, silica and O2 (eggs, beef, onions, seafood, liver,raw)
Nails/hair Silica (whole grains, oats, millet, barley, beetroot)
Spleen Fluorine, copper (meats, seafood, shellfish, tahini, cocoa)
Teeth/bonesFluorine, Calcium (beans, dariy, nuts, seeds –sesame greens)
Adrenals Zinc (trace) (oysters, pumpkin/sesame seeds, wheat germ)
Pituitary gland Bromine (kelp, nuts, oranges)
Stomach/GIT Chlorine, Sodium
Tissues/secretions Potassium, chlorine
Lungs/respiratory O2, Iron (meat, greens, figs, molasses –vit c helps absorb)
* Necessary for optimum physical health:
- Individual supplementation and herbal medicines
- Functional foods, energy greens, protein powders, colloidal minerals & O2
- Mediterrean type diet, fresh/unprocessed foods, Low GI, good fats, good qualtiy protein, live and fermented foods.
Avoid- skipping meals, unbalanced meals, eating ‘on the run’, sugar, wrong fats, empty foods (FLS food like substances), chemicals, processed food, overeating and digestive dysfunction.
Encourage – small regular meals, balanced meals, fresh, live, fermented and unprocessed foods. Also functional foods, minerals (colloidal) and herbal medicines are useful for food allergies and the treatment of digestive problems.